Thursday 26 February 2009

Time to cook


This is one of my first pastel done in South affrica. I'm fascinated by the difference of culture between my country and this one. In France everybody is in a hurry, running up and down for work, here people take their time, things go slowly. I appreciate the fact that there is less stress.

On an artistic view this subject is very interesting for the colors, the natural attitude of the personnage and again the contrast dark-light.


Date: February 2006

Size: 67cm x 47cm

Technique: Soft pastel

3 comments:

  1. Smells good... hehehe.

    Nice work... I guess the sandals was brand new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful!!!!!
    Have a nice weekend!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ciao Dominique: in my trips I've been visited South Africa and Swaziland too, I really liked them, it is true as you sayd that they have a very slow rithms ...it seems to hear what I'm writing in my post. As I reply to you in I link your blog, if you want to take some pictures of my tanzanian people for your paints you can do it, the only thing I ask you is to tell me what picture would you like to take for your paint, so that I can tell you if are my picture. For example the last picture of my masai post in which there is the masai woman with her baby is mine, I find it wanderful...ciao francesca

    ReplyDelete

you can leave your comment here